Friday, June 10, 2011

Recipe for Tomorrow


I started this back in April, with yet three weeks until May. May came and I tiptoed through the tulips, May being one of my two most favorite months of the year (May and October).

As the April winds died down, I enjoyed a brief hiatus in Kentucky, including a couple of feverish days promoting books at the Reformation Publishers Book Nook at the Winchester Pastor’s Fellowship. Most of all, I enjoyed the flowering trees and other beauties of Central Kentucky’s historic Blue Grass region.

I returned home in time to watch the tulips bloom in Michigan--I love the tulips! They bloom so profusely in Michigan and in such variety. As far back as I can remember, thousands of families have journeyed annually to Holland, MI--mid-May--to be dazzled by the exquisite beauty of the Dutch Culture's annual Tulip Festival.

Throughout the Spring, I studiously studied most every blade that promised any kind of growth in my small yard. While still early, I became rather amused at most of us--myself included, for it seemed to me that even the weather prophets behaved more anxiously than usual, impatiently awaiting the arrival of Spring. We all needed that fill-up with sunshine--a good warm-up.

Winter has now made its departure. Spring is rapidly transitioning into Summer. The tulips strutted while my Irises flaunted their best blooming season in several years--3 weeks and counting. Roses are attempting a takeover; even my peonies show improvement, and now I‘m waiting to transplant my tomatoe seedlings--low-acid yellow Ponderosa's.

All of this points me to the recipe I want to share with you for the remainder of the year--a year-long gift of Spring. You will need only the following ingredients and may it be one of your best-ever years.:
4 cups of Love
2 cups of Loyalty
3 cups of Forgiveness
1 cup of Friendship
5 spoons of Hope
2 spoons of Tenderness
4 quarts of Faith
1 barrel of Laughter
Pour in your Love and Loyalty. Mix them thoroughly with an abundance of Faith. Blend with adequate Tenderness, Kindness, and Understanding. Sprinkle this freely with Laughter and bake it with summer Sunshine.

Serve it daily in generous portions, and do it as often and as regularly as you possibly can. May the coming months be the best of your whole life.

Yours from Warner’s World, for one of your better seasons … walkingwithwarner.blogspot.com

No comments: