Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Scammer At Work

Wayne,
Did you send this email?
Bill

From: "Loy Mauch"
To: billck@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:29:50 PM
Subject: Re: home

Bill

These is true, my last email is true, i was robbed in a missionary trip to wales till now I'm yet to get any help that was why i mailed you, please i really understand that the devils is fighting a battle which he will definitely lose, please we need to see and talk in person but firstly before you prepare for your trip to Argentina, try to arrange some funds for me so that i can organize my return back home, please i want you to get back to me.


STUDY THE ABOVE EXAMPLE OF A SCAMMER AT WORK, as I have shared it with you in bold type.

Last week, I was hacked at Yahoo. Early Tuesday morning I had a call from Gary Ausbin, over in Michiana. Gary received an email that confused him. He knew he would see me later in the week at Warner Camp, but a messenger informed him that I was stranded in Wales, UK and needed $2350 to get home.

The informant said I was robbed while on a missionary trip with my family.
Gary's alert launched many more calls, from Canada to Texas, over the next four days. I soon learned I was locked out of my own account--one frustrated German. As a result, I lost more than 400 contacts, which I am now re-building. I was left with a host of confused friends.

I spent the rest of the week correcting my account, changing my password, and spending two different sessions with technical support. By last Friday I was off to Warner Camp with a sense of relative security and we spent a full week at Camp. I'll say more about that later.

We have never been campers, per se, but we love the fellowship of Camp Meeting. We are among those that perpetuate the CM tradition in the Church of God. Granted, times have changed. Methods change. Programming changes, BUT there are valid reasons for continuing our CM tradition, although I also support the changing face of Camp Meetings.

Be that as it may, I find that my hacker works as diligently as Satan himself. Just today--7-27--my friend Bill RECEIVED THE ABOVE MESSAGE from the Scammer, still trying to collect money from a letter that is obviously fraud from beginning to end.

Study the letter. It follows a familiar pattern. Recognize it for what it is. NEVER SEND MONEY IN RESPONSE WITHOUT FIRST CONFIRMING IT OFFLINE! The money you save, may well be your own, or it may be some of God's money.

Like Satan Himself, hackers are insidiously diabolical; they are interlopers - trespassers. They “trespass” on posted property in order to hack you and scam your friends, creating problems for you, as well as for themselves. They are like the man that received a cucumber in a bottle as a boyhood gift.

He wondered how a cucumber that large got into the neck of a bottle-neck that small, but time revealed the secret as he watched someone slip a bottle over a small cucumber. That gift became a living lesson when the man realized that the cucumber could never escape from the bottle.

It taught him to consider his choices, lest he find himself a cucumber captured in a bottle. One sin may seem a small cucumber. Confined to a bottle of circumstances, that one sin can only grow until escape is impossible. Another writer described the issue in another way: “The reason I am here today,” confessed the prisoner, “is because I stole an apple from a Fruit Market as a boy

From Warner’s World,
we do well to remember that although Peter called Satan a “roaring lion” Satan also goes about with “cleverly devised myths”. Thus Peter adds, for we do not “follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses to his majesty (2 Peter 1:16 RSV) … walkingwithwarner.blogspot.com

No comments: